- Development Department of Central and State Government.
- Commercial Bank and Insurance Sector.
- Area development /watershed development agencies including NGO’s.
- Industries dealing with fertilizers and plant nutrients.
- Plant Protection chemicals, insecticides and pesticides manufacturing and marketing companies.
- Industries dealing with Agri. Machinery, Sericulture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Dairy etc.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of irrigation system.
- Agricultural products processing industry.
- Multi-National dealing with production, field evaluation, and markting of agricultural inputs including exports marketing and consultancy services.
- Teaching Agriculture and Allied Subjects is also an option available.
- Those interested in research activities can join IARI as Junior fellow researcher and become Agriculture Scientists.
- Some Agriculture students can engage themselves in innovative farming.
- Open option for higher studies as M.Sc. (Agri), M.Sc. Horti./ABM/PH.D.
Indian Agriculture Scenario
- Agriculture refers to all those activities which are related to cultivation of land for the production of crops.
- Agriculture is backbone of Indian economy and prosperity. It can legally stand for the prosperity of the Indian economy.
- Agriculture in India has a significant history. Today, India ranks second worldwide in farm output.
- The 11th five year plan (2007-2012) emphasizes that agriculture development is necessary for rapid economic development of the country.
- Agriculture and allied sectors like forestry and fisheries contribute 25 percent to India’s GDP.
- Agriculture is demographically the broadest economic sector and plays a significant role in the overall socio-economic fabric of India.
- Agriculture is the largest provider of livelihood in rural India.
- The Growth in agriculture production has been significant.
B.Sc. Ag. Bachelor of Agriculture Science
The Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, usually abbreviated as either B.Sc.(Ag.) or B.S.A. or B.Sc.(Ag.) or B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag.is the first undergraduate degree awarded by university faculty of agriculture and agricultural colleges.
Eligibility: 10+2(PCB/PCM/PC Ag.)
Duration: 4 Years
ABM Agri Business Management
The academic program combines core courses in agricultural business and economics with courses in science and technology.
Eligibility: 10+2(PCB/PCM/PC Ag.)
Duration: 5 Years
M.Sc. Master Of Agriculture Science
It is a course of study that usually provides a general knowledge base in plant and pest management, environmental science, food safety, education, and leadership. A master’s degree in agricultural science can often be either a general survey of agricultural topics or be tailored to a student’s particular interest.
Eligibility: B.Sc. (Ag)
Duration: 2 Years
Ph.D. Agriculture Science
Agriculture Ph.D. Program Information. Students studying for a Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture take a scholarly approach to land, food, and animal production. These programs prepare students for a wide range of agricultural careers, particularly in teaching and research.
Eligibility: Post Graduation
Duration: 3 Years
Exam Pattern For JET
In the very nature of competitive examination, no syllabus can be prescribed. However, it is an exercise to pick up the best.
It is the nature of competitive examination, no syllabus can be prescribed. However, it is an exercise to pick up the best. There would be a single question paper for all the candidates appearing in JET-2011 for seeking admission in the Undergraduate programme in Agriculture/ Home Science/Horticulture/Forestry/ Limnology and Fisheries, Dairy Technology, Food Technology and Biotechnology.
- The Question Paper would be divided into six subjects:-
- Home Science
- The candidates desiring admission in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Forestry/ Fisheries/ Dairy Technology/ Food Technology/ Biotechnology would have to attempt any three subjects except Home science while female candidates desiring admission in Home Science can attempt any three subjects out of all above six. The candidate attempted the questions of home science will only entitled to take admission in Home Science and he/she will not eligible for admission in other degree programmes. For admission in Dairy Technology and Food Technology mathematics is essential. Candidates attempted a subject twice will be disqualified for admission.
- The question paper will consist of multiple choice type questions (pick up the most suitable answer).
- The question paper will be in the form of a test booklet containing different subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Agriculture, Biology and Home Science each is having 40 questions. There would be four suggested answers [(1), (2), (3), (4)] to each question.
- The candidates are required to choose the correct answer and blacken the corresponding circle with the pen in the answer sheet (Details for filling answer sheet is given on side Ist of sample answer sheet). The test booklet may be used by the students for rough work and the squares printed in it may be used for deciding the correct alternative answer. It will be collected from them at the end of examination along with the answer sheet. Assessment will be made only on the basis of the answer sheet.
Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. Thus, there will be negative marking.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates, either appearing in one/more than one programme. Candidates attempted questions of Home science are only eligible for home science. Candidates attempt a subject twice will be disqualified for seat allotment
Click Here For Syllabus
JET Model Papers
Click Here For JET Model Papers
JET Back Year Papers
Click Here For JET Back Year Papers
JET Information Bullatien
Click Here For JET Information Bullatien
Qualifications and Courses for JET Exam
Qualifications For All Courses is 12th . Click on it to see More qualifications and courses
Available Seats For JET Exam
Click on it to see Seat Matrix
- Prospectus , Registration Forms for Admission can be obtained from the school office on cash payment in the last week of December for I to IX.
- The application form should be duly filled and signed by the Parents/Guardian and submitted with required documents as mentioned in form, by time.
- The registered candidate will be called for Admission Test/ Interview (except Std 1 to 3).
- 25% seats are reserved for poor students.
Test/ Interview :-
Questions will be set from CBSE syllabus of the preceding standard for which admission is sought, comprising seven subjects – English, Hindi, Math, Science, Social Science,& G.K.
The following documents are to be submitted in original at the time of admission-
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school.
- Birth certificate from proper authority. These certificates will be retained by the school for records. The date of birth recorded in the admission register will be final and cannot be changed later
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes