Students are the most important part of any educational process. If you want to be a successful teacher, you should learn how to find an approach for your students. As an educator, you deal with a range of students. Some are the most motivated learners in the classroom while some just sit there like a bump on a log. You have to find ways to reach out to all kinds of learners.
Here are 5 steps on how to find approaches for your students:
1. Don’t be afraid of making jokes and sharing funny stories with your pupils. Don’t take yourself too seriously, but don’t forget about your professional appearance.
2. Ask your students about their interests and hobbies and try to discuss them with them from time to time. This will help you understand their needs and interests better and find things in common with them.
3. Ask for advice and the opinion of your students concerning different issues related to the process of teaching and learning in general (for example, if there are some problems or misunderstandings between you and the whole class or some individual pupils).
4. Arrange a meeting with the parents of each student at least once a term during which their academic progress will be discussed as well as other important issues (like behavior, attitude towards learning, etc.)
5. Try to be friendly enough but do not forget about your role as a teacher – it is very important not to cross certain boundaries.