Finding a great tutor can be a stressful, overwhelming process. The right tutor will be able to help your child reach their academic goals and gain confidence in their schoolwork. The wrong tutor could make the learning process tedious and difficult for your child.
You can get the word out about your need for a tutor by asking around your neighborhood and friends. If you have any friends who work as teachers or professors, they might know someone who is willing to do tutoring on the side. Private schools and colleges will also have an abundance of tutors for you to choose from.
Here are 10 tips that will help you find the Right tutor:
1. Know what your child needs in a tutor
2. Understand your child’s learning style
3. Ask friends and family for recommendations
4. Look for tutors at reputable organizations
5. Don’t rule out online tutoring
6. Use online resources to narrow down your options
7. Set up a consultation with potential tutors
8. Know what specific subject or subjects you need help with
9. Make sure you’re getting the most out of tutoring sessions